Serving Greater Malden"Declare his Glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples." Psalm 96:3
Backpacks for the Homeless: Emily Govoni is spearheading this drive to put together 50 backpacks for homeless people in our area for the winter months. So far we have over 30 backpacks filled with a blanket, socks, gloves, scarves, toiletries, protein bars, etc. If you would like to donate a backpack, or any of the articles mentioned above for filling the packs, please contact us at 781-321-1828, or email us at email@example.com.
Operation Christmas Child: Lorraine Everitt spearheads this yearly church-wide ministry to kids all over the world. Working with Samaritan’s Purse, our people fill shoeboxes with gifts for kids which are then shipped out to children in third-world countries for Christmas. If you’d like to participate, grab a shoebox (or two or three) from the hallway in the church, follow the instructions for filling it, and bring it back to the church by the first week in November. For more information on the ministry, visit samaritanspurse.org.
Some of the other ways we serve our community and world:
- Feeding the hungry and homeless in Malden and surrounding communities through the Bread of Life Ministry. Hot meals are served four nights a week. For more information, visit breadoflifemalden.org
- We have sent many of our teenagers and adults on short-term mission trips to Haiti, the Philippines, Ecuador, and Mexico.
- Each summer we welcome 80-100 children from our community to come and spend a week with us learning about Jesus through skits, games, songs, stories, and crafts at Vacation Bible school. A whole host of volunteers are needed each year to help us serve the kids in each of those areas.
Opportunities for service within the church:
- Sunday morning: musicians, ushers, Sunday School teachers, and nursery care workers are all needed.
- Throughout the week: disciple makers, small group leaders, devotional writers, gardeners, and janitors are all needed to continue the ministry of the church.
Want to get involved? Contact Pastor Paul for more information!