Serving Greater Malden"Declare his Glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples." Psalm 96:3
Summer Donations for Family-Aid Boston: Emily Govoni is spearheading this drive to gather new or gently warn athletic shoes, girls and women’s summer clothing (no bathing suits or underwear), diapers, feminine products, and household items to help supply the Family-Aid Shelter in Boston. We would like all donations to be in by June 17th so that we can get them in to the shelter in time for the coming of summer! Thanks!
Operation Christmas Child: Last year our people filled 89 shoe boxes with presents for kids around the world! Lorraine Everitt spearheads this yearly church-wide ministry to kids all over the world. Working with Samaritan’s Purse, our people fill shoeboxes with gifts for kids which are then shipped out to children in third-world countries for Christmas. For more information on the ministry, visit samaritanspurse.org.
Some of the other ways we serve our community and world:
- Feeding the hungry and homeless in Malden and surrounding communities through the Bread of Life Ministry. Hot meals are served four nights a week. For more information, visit breadoflifemalden.org
- We have sent many of our teenagers and adults on short-term mission trips to Haiti, the Philippines, Ecuador, and Mexico.
- Each summer we welcome 80-100 children from our community to come and spend a week with us learning about Jesus through skits, games, songs, stories, and crafts at Vacation Bible school. A whole host of volunteers are needed each year to help us serve the kids in each of those areas.
Opportunities for service within the church:
- Sunday morning: musicians, ushers, Sunday School teachers, and nursery care workers are all needed.
- Throughout the week: disciple makers, small group leaders, devotional writers, gardeners, and janitors are all needed to continue the ministry of the church.
Want to get involved? Contact Pastor Paul for more information!