Serving Greater Malden"Declare his Glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples." Psalm 96:3
Malden Warming Center: We are encouraging our people to volunteer to help staff the new Warming Center at the Nazarene Church during the months of January and February. The Malden Warming Center is a safe, warm place for homeless people in our area to go on cold winter nights. It is open Monday to Friday nights from 8:00pm – 6:00am.
Operation Christmas Child: This year our people filled 90 shoe boxes with presents for kids around the world! Lorraine Everitt spearheads this yearly church-wide ministry to kids all over the world. Working with Samaritan’s Purse, our people fill shoeboxes with gifts for kids which are then shipped out to children in third-world countries for Christmas. For more information on the ministry, visit samaritanspurse.org.
Some of the other ways we serve our community and world:
- Feeding the hungry and homeless in Malden and surrounding communities through the Bread of Life Ministry. Hot meals are served four nights a week. For more information, visit breadoflifemalden.org
- We have sent many of our teenagers and adults on short-term mission trips to Haiti, the Philippines, Ecuador, and Mexico.
- Each summer we welcome 80-100 children from our community to come and spend a week with us learning about Jesus through skits, games, songs, stories, and crafts at Vacation Bible school. A whole host of volunteers are needed each year to help us serve the kids in each of those areas.
Opportunities for service within the church:
- Sunday morning: musicians, ushers, Sunday School teachers, and nursery care workers are all needed.
- Throughout the week: disciple makers, small group leaders, devotional writers, gardeners, and janitors are all needed to continue the ministry of the church.
Want to get involved? Contact Pastor Paul for more information!